- Master of Arts
Drama and Movement Therapy (Sesame)
Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London (London, UK) 2009
- Bachelor of Education
Pre-Service Teacher Training Programme
University of Windsor (Windsor, Canada) 2004
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Drama in Education
University of Windsor (Windsor, Canada) 2003
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Registered Arts Therapist (Dramatherapist)
Registration No. AS13780
- The British Association of Dramatherapists (BADth)
I have my own Professional Indemnity Insurance and hold a cleared Enhanced DBS certificate.
I have regular clinical supervision and engage in ongoing, continuing professional development.
With over 10 years of clinical experience in the field of mental health, addictions and trauma, I have supported many people through difficult and challenging times. For example, I have worked in a variety of settings including schools, drug recovery services, psychiatric hospitals, prisons and specialist psychotherapy clinics.
I am also a speaker and trainer. I have given talks and led workshops on mental health and special interest topics for the general public and professionals within education, healthcare, social care and criminal justice systems.
Areas of Expertise
My expertise is in trauma and relationships.
- Addictions and Substance Misuse Issues
- Childhood Trauma, Abuse, Neglect
- Communication, Interpersonal and Relationship Issues
- Family Conflict and Intergenerational Trauma
- Identity and Multicultural Issues
- Loss and Bereavement
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and
Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD)